COVID Safety measures at St Peter’s in Brief
Allocate drop-off and pick up protocols to minimise adult to adult contact
- Drop off will have staggered timings. Children will be dropped at the front gate and go to their allocated classroom. There will be a clear one-way pedestrian system outside the school.
- There will be staggered timings.
- Three parents at a time will be let into the school gate. One parent per child. They will line up 2 metres apart from the office doors but will not enter the office. Their child will be brought to them. As they leave the next adult may enter the school.
- In the case of year 6 and with parental consent, children can walk to and from school themselves to avoid more parents entering the school.
Social / Physical Distancing
- Children will need to physically distance themselves where possible and routines will be established to help the children to do this.
- Procedures will be put in place to minimise contact and mixing with other classes.
- Classes will be no bigger than 15 students with one Teacher and a TA.
- Children will be asked to bring in their own stationary each day in a pencil case
- Pupils should be in the same small groups at all times each day.
- The groups should use the same classroom or area throughout the day, with a “thorough cleaning of the rooms at the end of the day”.
- Staggered play times and lunches
- Where possible, classrooms will be well ventilated using natural ventilation (opening windows) or ventilation units
- Where possible, doors will be propped open, (bearing in mind fire safety and safeguarding), to limit use of door handles and aid ventilation
- Children encouraged to wash hands before the day starts and at the end of the day, as well as after each lesson
- Hand sanitiser in every classroom and toilets
- Children encouraged to use a tissue or elbow to cough or sneeze and bins will be used for tissue waste (‘catch it, bin it, kill it’)
- The classroom and facilities will be thoroughly cleaned daily
- Extra deep cleans will be provided via cleaning contractors
- All equipment disinfected / washed in Milton at the end of the day
- Any person who shows symptoms will be sent home and will need to be tested. If it is positive the rest of their class will be sent home and advised to self-isolate for 14 day.
- There will be no whole school gatherings
- The school will require 3 contact phone numbers in case we need to contact you in an emergency
A more detailed risk assessment will be up on the school website under News and Event / COVID by the 20th of May