St Peter’s Primary School
The school will do its best to:
- Provide an environment which has been risk assessed in response to the COVID-19 infection;
- Adhere to the social distancing rules as set out by the government as much as we reasonably can;
- Provide a curriculum that meets the needs of your child’s well-being, mental health and academic needs;
- Contact parents/carers if your child displays symptoms of COVID-19;
- Inform you if staff or children in your child’s ‘bubble’ show symptoms of COVID-19 as this will mean you will all need to self-isolate for at least 14 days or until the test comes back negative;
- Continue our clear and consistent approach to rewards and sanctions for children as set out in the Behaviour Policy as well the expectations outlined in this agreement;
- Communicate between home and school through notices, newsletters, text, email and the school website.
To help my child at school, I know and understand that:
- If my child, or anyone in my household, shows symptoms of COVID-19, I will not send them to school, we will self-isolate for 14 days as a family, I will get them tested and I will let the school know as soon as possible via telephone;
- If my child, or another child in the group, shows symptoms of COVID-19 at school, I will collect my child from school immediately;
- On my commute, and when dropping my child off and picking them up, I will adhere to the 2 metre social distancing rules.
- I will need to remind my child about social distancing rules but accept they are difficult to follow and that my child may not always do this successfully
- My child will need to use good respiratory and hand hygiene;
- I will not be allowed into the school without a pre- arranged appointment – make appointments via telephone or email;
- I need to support all staff in their efforts to create an ‘as safe as possible’ environment during this crisis;
- Read all letters/messages/emails that are sent home;
- I need to inform the school immediately of any changes to parents/carer and emergency contacts details.
- If my child is deemed unsafe, he/she will be sent home and cannot return to school until they can be safe.
I will do my best to:
- Adhere to the social distancing rules in class and in the playground;
- Tell an adult if I feel unwell;
- Not mix with any other children in the school;
- Follow good respiratory hygiene: coughing and sneezing into elbow or tissue (catch it-bin it-kill it);
- Follow good hand hygiene – use soap and water for 20 seconds/ hand sanitiser;
- Only use public transport if absolutely necessary and ensure I socially distance and wear a face covering, if I do;
- Behave well at all times to maintain the safety of myself and others;
- Follow these expectations and know that if I don’t, I will be sent home and will not be able to come back into school until I can be safe.